Day 17 - Sept 13, 2017: Sicily

Day 17 - Sept 13, 2017:  Sicily

Today was a great day! Mount Etna was visible from pretty much anywhere we were today. It was difficult to see later in the morning and throughout the day because of the number of grass fires throughout the countryside.

Sicily Beachhead at Pachino
D-Day for Operation Husky the Sicily Invasion as part of the Mediterranean Campaign was 10 July 1944.

Editors Note: This was a great day with much to see, much learned and much to share. It is now 2:00 and I apologize for leaving you hanging yet once again however I am up at 06:30 to begin another day in this great journey. I will provide edits and photos when I can - I do appreciate your patience! 

The Sicilian Route

The Hasty P's Signpost at Assoro



The Agira Canadian War Cemetery
We stopped at the Agira Canadian War Cemetery in Agira to pay our respects to the lads. It was at dusk and as the sun was setting it added an additional view and meaning to the visit. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to My New Blog

Day 24 - 20 Sept 2016: To Mons and area and the Netherlands

Day 10 - Sep 6, 2017: Normandy and Area with Pictures